Pages

Friday, October 21, 2005

Furl vs. del.icio.us

In the past day, I have tried both Furl and del.icio.us. While I am certainly no expert in this limited trial, so far I prefer Furl. It has great functionality (however, in most cases so does del.icio.us). However, I took to Furl quicker than del.icio.us (plus it is a pain in the *** to have to type the del.icio.us name in this blog, so from here on out it is "d" for short). Here is a short list of my observations about Furl:
  • Quick link from tool bar (same as d)
  • Ability to categorize (appears easier and more robust than d)
  • Ability to set up RSS to your links (better than d?)
  • Ability to add list of links to web site (did try it on d?)
  • Great layout (d was "clunky" to me)
  • Link sharing (haven't tried d to compare)

2 comments:

Blogmaster said...

I'm with both you and Nelson about both Furl and del.icio.us ... and think about the fact that you can have your students "subscribe" to your Furl feeds - what a lot of potential!

Anonymous said...

Something worth noting is that del.icio.us adds the "nofollow" property to your tagged links whereas Furl (currently) does not. So by tagging things in Furl you are actually promoting the site you like by helping the site's ranking in search engines; with del.icio.us you are not.